Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Farm Update

Look at that Heirloom!!  I don't mean Vicky.  That was a two pound Brandywine


This is just one tomato in our 12 inch skillet
Newcomers to the farm

Can you see the black snake?  Nice surprise when I reached for the gate!
Hi All,

Okay two nights ago I was sweating trying to go to sleep, this morning the heater kicked on! What a crazy summer.

I have to apologize to the customer that was coming down the drive just as I spotted a hawk dive bombing the chickens. I was out planting, when I heard the chickens squawking and looked up to see them running for the coop as a small hawk was flying above them. I got up off my knees and sprinted, well I say sprinted, my sprint these days looks more like a slow gallop of an old hobbled sway back horse. The timing couldn't have been better as a car was coming down the drive just as I was galloping across the field screaming with my arms flailing, what would have seemed to the driver, directly at her car. She said she saw the hawk, but didn't see me. I'm sure if she had, she would have made a u-turn and a quick exit.

This week and weekend we have:

Corn (non-GMO grown conventionally)
Beets
Garlic
Honey
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Green Beans (tender and delicious)
Chicken
Eggs
Cucumbers
Tomatoes

We're finally getting some of our fall crops in the ground. Broccoli, cauliflower and spinach have been planted. We will get lettuce, radish, Swiss chard, kale, turnips and potatoes in the ground today.

Hope to see you at the farm!



Vicky and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment