Thursday, June 5, 2014

Farm Update

Friday already??

Wow, where did the week go....Let's get right to business.  Well, let's not immediately.  Let's talk about farmhand Harvey who was helping me with morning chicken chores yesterday.  It had rained Tuesday night and I warned Harvey to watch his step around the outside feed barrel as it was slippery.  He was bringing in two heaping scoops of chicken feed, one in each hand, when I heard this sliding sound and then a muffled word or two.  I turned around and Harvey had righted himself from his fall, but his face looked like it was hit by a powder puff.  I've never seen a man spit so profusely in my life as he attempted to dislodge all the chicken feed that ended up in his mouth.  I asked him how it tasted, as I hadn't yet had the honor of tasting chicken feed.  He said it really didn't taste like much of anything.  So now we know.

The greens are coming in at the farm this week.  Available:

Arugula
Iceberg Lettuce
Leaf Lettuce-a romaine type
Red Russian Kale
Spinach
Garlic Scapes

Also:
Radishes
Spring Onions
Asparagus(slowing down)
Strawberries(call first)
Eggs
Chicken
Herb Plants(last week for them)

Remember if you would like honey, other than a honey bear, bring you own container and we will fill it up.  It's a little cheaper that way too!


 




 

Locally Yours,
Vicky and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment