Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week 5 and the case of the "Radish Caper"

We had found some rogue radishes and offered them up to anyone who enjoyed a nice refreshing radish on pick up day at the farm. So, a few of you took me up on the offer and left with a nice bunch of radishes on Wednesday along with everything else. If you have tasted the "radishes" yet, you're probably thinking to yourself or out loud to all around you, that those could have been the worst tasting radishes on the planet. That's what I thought too Wednesday night when I bite into one and that's when I figured out......those weren't radishes, they were baby beets!

Hopefully I'll be able to tell an onion from a blueberry in this week's box which will include:

Blueberries
Garlic Scapes
Onions
Mild Mix Lettuces
Arugula
Spinach
Peas
Beets

No comments:

Post a Comment