Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 6

Hi Folks,

As always, a very busy week here on the farm. A lot of blueberry pickin' goin' on. It's very labor intensive as you can't just grab a clump and yank them off into your basket. There could be 20 berries in a clump and all have ripened a bit differently, so it's really a one berry at a time kind of thing. Helping big time in the blueberry picking category are Liz and two new helpers Lydia and Blanca. I started off perfectly with Lydia when she asked me how old I thought she was and I replied 28 and she disgustedly suggested she was 22. I've decided that from now on, if asked, I will reply 20 no matter what. This week some new items in your crates....carrots, beets, romaine lettuce, and basil. It looks like our first step into the world of potatoes may be next week, we'll have to keep our EYE on them.
We want to welcome Barbara and Tiffany who have begun volunteering for a couple of hours a week. They say it's therapeutic. I say it's hard work.
I don't want to jinx anything, but I was at our Baldwin field today and the winter squashes and melons are going gangbusters!
Could use a little shot of rain if any of you have any pull with Mother Nature.

This week in your crates:

Blueberries
Romaine
Beets
Carrots
Basil
Salad mix
Spinach
Swiss Chard
Onions
Garlic

See you Wednesday!

Steve and Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment