Thursday, June 26, 2014

Farm Update

Here's what's happening down on the farm.


It's a shocking thing when customers come into the market and ask , who ever is working at the time, if he or she is my son or daughter! It happened again today. When someone asked if Annabel, our morning shop keeper, was my daughter. Annabel is a lovely English woman with a daughter in college and two high school kids. We all laughed, guffawed, chortled, snickered, chuckled, giggled and there may have even been a titter. I was caught off guard with the question, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized my surprise shouldn't have been a surprise at all. I guess, in my mind, we were around the same age. Thus the laughter when someone suggested that she was my daughter. Imagine my devastation when I came inside to type up this newsletter and suddenly realized...the laugh was on me, she could be my daughter!! I hate surprises like that. There's nothing good that can come from them. That's why, after I'm done writing this, I'm going to take a bath in Epsom salts, try to avoid looking at my naked body in the bathroom mirror and lay down for a while.

On a happier note...

More good veggies are coming in at the farm. This week we have:

Cucumbers
Carrots
Cabbage
Summer Squash
Zucchini
Kale (curly and red Russian)
Radishes
Bok Choy
Turnips
Leaf lettuce
Garlic scapes
Purple heirloom cauliflower

I'm off to check my AARP card for benefits.













Locally Yours,
Vicky and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment