Friday, August 15, 2014

Farm Update

Down on the Farm

Strange and interesting things consistently happen here on the farm.  Take for instance yesterday...Fall seeds were being planted.   Tomatoes were being harvested and so were beans.  Farmhand Harvey's friend Nicole visited to pick up a few things from the market and to talk to Harvey for a bit.  When she walked into the market she looked stunning.  Beautiful dress, heels, the whole thing.  I asked her why the dress up and she told me she had just been on a job interview.  After our chat, I pointed out to the bean area and said she could probably find Harvey out there.  A couple of hours had passed and I noticed Nicole's car was still in the parking lot.  I thought I had better check to make sure everything was OK.  When I got to the bean field, there they were both picking beans!  Harvey in his grubby farm clothes and Nicole in a cocktail dress and heels!  I casually commented that she was the best smelling field worker we've ever had. Harvey took offense, and immediately reached into his work bag for his Mennen's Speed Stick.  I, of course, have now instituted a new dress code for workers here at the farm.  Woman must where cocktail dresses and men in black tie. After many fierce bargaining sessions, I have caved a little to allow the guys to cut off their black pants to shorts level on the hotter days.

In the Market:

Tomatoes
Sweet Corn
Beets
Turnips
Green Beans
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Red Onions
White Onions
White Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Prairie Blush Potatoes
Green Peppers
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers
Jalapenos
Spring Onions
Cucumbers
Garlic
Eggplant
Eggs
Honey
Herbs

Also, I keep forgetting to mention our mint assortment.  We have mojito, chocolate, peppermint, spearmint, apple and lemon mint.

We should have fresh chicken by the end of next week.

See you soon!




 





 

Locally Yours,
Vicky and Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment